International Perspective: France as a Study Destination
With 278,000 international students opting for higher education in France annually, this nation is the fourth most popular academic destination the world after US, the UK and Australia, according to Campus France. Of the 2.2 million students in the French higher educational institutions, 80% attend the public universities in France. The 83 public universities enroll 80% of the post-secondary students out of which 10% of the enrolments comprise international students.
Why Study in France
The vast number of foreign students enrolled in undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral studies in France point to the benefits of this nation’s higher educational system. French educational institutions have been ranked highly by the Shanghai Classification of Universities, the Financial Times and Times Higher as well as European Report on Science and Technologies released by the European Commission.
France as a Popular Study Destination
France is preferred as an academic destination for students from all over the world. This nation has a vast array of cultural and commercial centres which offer perfect opportunities for students. International students can also opt for internships and good jobs following completion of higher education courses in France.
Advantages of France for International Students
International students should opt for French universities, IUTs and grandes ecoles because of the high quality of education offered here. France has the best courses in varied fields such as management, technical education, scientific disciplines and humanities. French higher educational institutions are monitored carefully by several authorities and organizations. There are several programs such as Erasmus Mundus and the Campus France which has great value for students from global settings.
Reasons for Popularity of France as an Academic Destination
- Higher education programs taught in English include over 700 programs designed for international students, according to Campus France.
- Studies to obtain degree in France are completed by French classes paves the way to jobs at 75 French-speaking countries for international students.
- The flexibility of the higher educational system in France enables one to design an academic itinerary that is ideally suited to the needs of international students.
- The cost of living in France is comparable to that of Western nations. A typical monthly budget for students in Paris is around €1,200. Elsewhere, it is closer to €800-1,000, including tuition fees.
- In France, international students of different nationalities have access to the same rights as French students. In the past 10 years, the total number of international students in France has risen significantly
- French educational institutions award degrees that follow the European Bologna system known as LMD (Licence, Master, and Doctorate). French diplomas are recognized and accepted globally.
- Tuition rates at French institutions are the same for international as well as domestic students.
- For programs pertaining to national diplomas, tuition rates are guided by law. Tuition rates are extremely reasonable for undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral programs.
All students, regardless of whether they are of French or international origin, enjoy the same benefits such as health coverage and housing assistance. France is a popular choice for international students because of advantages such as affordable education and well organized courses.